Friday, April 24, 2009

My Quan Yin Rosary- Malas prayer beads





Malas is sanskrit for 'garland". The Buddhist prayer beads can have up to 108 beads (111 is sometimes seen) and can have as little as 28 beads. They can be made of wood from the sacred Bodhi tree or they can be made of ivory or semi precious stones. My prayer beads are made of jade and I also have a garland made of garnet. The prayer beads or malas are used during meditation and for repeating and counting mantras, chants, or prayers. They can be worn on the wrist or kept in beautiful silk pouches. I keep both of my garlands wrapped around one of my beautiful Quan Yin statues.

I use mine with a special Quan Yin Mantra/Prayer. It can be used alone or with others in a circle. I use this during a Quan Yin healing session. It is extremely healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment